V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Old School

Star Wars: Battlefront

Is anyone going to give this a shot?

It releases on the 17th for NA and the 19th (I think?) for EU.

I played in the beta and it was fun, for a while. Short term fun, for sure. It wasn't bad, but it felt like another Battlefield clone... which makes sense. EA/DICE

I am a fan of the BF series. I still hop on Origin shudder from time to time to crash helicopters in Battlefield 4. It can be pretty fun if you get a group going. Well, fun for the pilot.

Anyways, I was one of those dingalings that preordered it a while back with the hopes and dreams that it would turn out OKAY. Lo and behold, it actually looks pretty solid.

Anyone else going to play?

Community Regular
    I'm on the fence with it. I enjoyed the beta for short stretches.. I'm probably going to wait for some reviews from friends before I pick it up (in a week or 2).. Unless it's a complete disaster

Old School
    I'll work on "my" review in a few, but it's almost time for Sunday football.

The jist of it: It's almost too casual. That's not bad by any stretch, but the skill floor is low and it doesn't feel like the skill ceiling is much higher.

Fun, but not 30+ hours fun...It's a nice "pick up and go" type of game. The replay value is sort of lacking. Just my opinion. I've spent maybe 10 hours in it? (I know that's not a lot)

I'll add a more detailed response this evening probably