V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Ideas for spending credits

I don't know how long I've been a voogruian, but I only learned about my accumulated credits recently. I'm probably pretty rich (Will Pocket For Credits). Anyway, I ran across a discussion somewhere here in the forums indicating we might get new ways to spend our credits.

ITT we discuss fun, creative, fair (non-"pay credits to win") ways to use our credits, eg, the DK mode voogru suggested.

Low gravity could be fair if I could bind a quick-buy/use key and the effect was short-lasting. This could work for other short-lasting effects, such as a charge ('n' targe?) with or without crits/damage, enabling the hookshot/gatling thing, and so on. This could be argued as fair as the base jumper exists and is a gravity-defying item that can be used (and most voogru regulars have it). I'd like to be able to buy the ability to wear Halloween items with credits, although I have several of those items Valve released that triggers a vote to enable Halloween mode for two hours. Buying particle effects, if it's not already an option, should be one. I want to be covered in flies and know I wasted all my credits doing it. Because I'm rich. This effect could last anywhere between 30min and two hours. I don't know, I'm not an economist. Figuring out the cost of these ideas and how long they'd last is beyond the purview of my expertise. I don't think it'd be any more distracting than any of the other antics regularly going on at Crazy House (eg, all-talk). That's not a great argument, but c'mon, flies.
    Last edited by niaiserie; 05-13-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Old School
    What about some kind of game raffle(s)? Nothing outrageous or anything, just maybe use some of the donation money to get something relatively inexpensive?
    Last edited by Adam; 05-13-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Community Regular
    While low grav and the other ideas sound like fun, they can also tilt game balance unfairly towards those with lots of credits. Unless we wanted to have designated "Roll the Dice" nights (which might be fun in and of itself, and you can use credits for extra rolls or to cancel a bad roll), I don't recommend them.

Buy teamkill during "Waiting for Players". I always enjoy that.
    Buy a personal beacon (only for yourself, not others), great for making the game harder/messing around.
    Buy colored text in chat
    Buy a nomination, which guarantees that your next nominated map is on the voting list? There would have to be some limits with this, of course.
    Buy a "punch", where the server will "punch" a player for 1 HP hit (no HP removed if they only have 1 HP.) Rife for abuse if not carefully managed, though.
    Gift other players credits so that they can make use of the options.
    [RAIN]deer

Server Admin
    I've always been partial to gambling. Build a Texas Hold 'Em bot in the chat, which PMs you your hold cards through Steam. You can also place a bet on which team will win the round, and it pays 3:2 as insurance.

Old School
    Are we really not getting any more input on this? I feel like this is something that needs to be worth mentioning, right?

Server Admin
    I wouldn't mind having the credits menu back, but I think it needs to be something that is either voted by a majority like rtv (and hopefully votealltalk) or just turned on by an admin. In either case, it should by default be off and when turned on, be only for the current map.

I only say this because of years ago when the credits thing was on 24/7, rampant cries of ZOMG HAXXORS happened every single time someone used some credits, which would then derail the server for 5 minutes while every regular/admin tried to explain that it was a credits thing, blah blah blah. Fast forward 15 minutes later, repeat the process.

Besides, at this point, those who have been playing on the server for 5+ years have a shit ton of credits. Tekish will always have the most credits ever.

If I can remember right, things like 10 secs of uber, 10 secs of +50% speed, 10 secs of unlimited ammo... things like that were on the credits menu. It was so damned long ago, I forget what else we had.
    I am Momaw Nadon and I approve this message

Probably peopled cried hax because of the nature of those credit-bought bonuses, and those bonuses are a Voogrian pay-to-win. Sort of. With credits. I was advocating primarily forfun bonuses, then I briefly mentioned very short-lasting arguably tactical bonuses such as low gravity. Harmless bonuses like these shouldn't require a vote.

Community Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MomawNadon78 View Post
    I wouldn't mind having the credits menu back, but I think it needs to be something that is either voted by a majority like rtv (and hopefully votealltalk) or just turned on by an admin. In either case, it should by default be off and when turned on, be only for the current map.

I only say this because of years ago when the credits thing was on 24/7, rampant cries of ZOMG HAXXORS happened every single time someone used some credits, which would then derail the server for 5 minutes while every regular/admin tried to explain that it was a credits thing, blah blah blah. Fast forward 15 minutes later, repeat the process.

Besides, at this point, those who have been playing on the server for 5+ years have a shit ton of credits. Tekish will always have the most credits ever.

If I can remember right, things like 10 secs of uber, 10 secs of +50% speed, 10 secs of unlimited ammo... things like that were on the credits menu. It was so damned long ago, I forget what else we had.
    I remember this. It was on the other server. Insanity House (we changed between CH and IH for a time) and it was sort of fun. I think subscribers had a ton of credits because I was subbed then and always had a bunch. Maybe things like using your credits to pick the next map (could only be used once a day or something), or things of this nature.

Old School
    What problems could a raffle cause?

I understand that most folks are looking for things that could make the server better, for sure.

I still think we should make those credits useful, infact, I have a GTA5 key that I'm willing to throw up

I'm at work and have had too much coffee #freestarbucks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaracen View Post
    pick the next map
    cp_egypt_final

I don't forsee a problem with a raffle. The only thing I'd suggest we avoid is a "pay 50,000 credits for 50,000 entries" because that's kind of unfair. There'd have to be a reasonable limit. I'd be willing to raffle off some genuine niaiserie-crafted hats. I generally use all my scrap metal to craft hats. To illustrate the value of a niaiserie-crafted hat, I recently crafted a Bloke's Bucket Hat out of two other niaiserie-crafted hats #rebuildheadgear #wastedref #badeconomics which I subsequently traded on the community market for a golden frying pan. I also have a lot of extra Steam items such as emoticons, wallpapers, trading cards, etc. Those are of value to those of us who care about our Steam level.

#comicsans