Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Alltalk - Page 2
V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alltalk

Old School
    hang on... so if there is a vote for alltalk

and it wins

then that's not what the server actually wanted to happen,

im sorry but more explanation on democracy needed?
    Last edited by pipski; 06-21-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pipski View Post

and it wins

"The server" is comprised of a group of players. With relevance to this discussion, that group of players can be identified and placed into two interested parties: the majority, and the minority. If the minority -- which, by my count, does not appear to manifest itself by a paltry few -- does not wish for all-talk to be on as much as it is, and the majority does, then that does not compute as "the server" wishing it to be so.

Perhaps a hypothetical, loosely-related analogy will demonstrate the importance of the minority vote:

Let's pretend you are a family man and have three children: Jack, John, and Jill. We can call this group of children "the kids," comparable to your misnomer, "the server." Every day, you as a parent have allowed your children to decide on an activity to do, and you will grant them their wish, decided upon majority rule.

Today, Jack and John want to go to the park and play baseball. Jill, on the other hand, would rather go swimming.

After discussing with your children their inherent wishes, it is decided: off to the park we go (much to Jill's disappointment).

The next day rolls around, and it's time to decide the activity of the day again. Not surprisingly, Jack and John want to go to the park and play baseball again. Jill still wants to go to the pool.

Democracy in action! The kids have spoken. Let's play ball.

This cycle painfully repeats, while carried out in fairness as it seems, yet with complete and total disregard to your daughter, Jill.

A week goes by, no pool. The other parents at the ball park take notice and scold you for not paying more attention to your daughter.

“It’s what the kids want, though,” you reply.

Two weeks go by, no pool. An entire month goes by, and yet Jill has still been neglected.

Fifty-six days go by -- the amount of days it now apparently takes before an official response is given to a player’s or group of players’ concerns on the Voogru Crazy House forums.

If our official response literally boils down to nothing more than an open invitation of steering this thread into an inevitably heated debate on politics, I would humbly and respectfully ask you to please go play ball somewhere else. The rest of us are ankle deep in the shallow-end, where we have been, and will continue to await patiently, for a lifeguard to become on-duty.

70-75% is a fair threshold.

Community Regular
    I haven't played any late late nights recently but I have managed to jump on in the evening and found alltalk on to be on only once. We played 3-4 maps without even so much as an alltalk vote and both ended in great games. Could be because of this topic or maybe everyone is so into the new weapons and changes that nobody cares either way but it has been a nice change of habit on CH to see it off more.

Old School
    All talk kills the spirit of the server every time it is enabled. It wouldn't be so bad if the same handful of people would just stop talking about whatever they feel they are intelligent about for that hour. I really feel that it turned what used to be a "semi-competitive" server into a joke. Some of us actually like to play the game and don't care about your thoughts on ISIS or the beer you had at the local pub 4 weeks ago....

edit: not to sound too cynical, but we have a forum for that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Adam; 06-22-2014 at 04:23 PM.

ISIS is terrible. I saw them open for TOOL once and they were so boring I could hardly breathe.

I like the idea of disabling alltalk once the server fills up and people put away their melee weapons and put on their tryhard pants. This usually happens when N approaches 10-12.

Server Admin
    I find it's annoying that 51% decides the way things go 100% of the time. Basically what freakwentcy was saying.
    That's what happens with a simple voting system and only a yes/no choice.

My silly suggestion is whatever the outcome of the vote the server rolls a random number against that percentage to decide if all-talk turns on. Thus on average, it's only on 51% of the time instead of 100%. Max 1 vote per map.

Old School
    i don't always like alltalk but when i do i prefer it on our server
    Last edited by pipski; 06-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Old School
    Okay so let me get this straight down the line so I get where you are coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by freakwentcy View Post
    "The server" is comprised of a group of players. With relevance to this discussion, that group of players can be identified and placed into two interested parties: the majority, and the minority. If the minority -- which, by my count, does not appear to manifest itself by a paltry few -- does not wish for all-talk to be on as much as it is, and the majority does, then that does not compute as "the server" wishing it to be so..

after I said this

Quote Originally Posted by pipski View Post
    and it wins

we should wait for the Florida vote to come in to settle this
    Last edited by pipski; 06-23-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Community Regular