V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Suggestion to encourage newcomers

I mentioned once during a game. I am sure this server would love to welcome newcomers into becoming regulars. However, the server is always difficult for newcomers to come in during peak hours. I would like to suggest that newcomers that have great personality and are similar to the voogru server mentality get something like a free membership trial. It doesn't have to be the full month of subscriber benefits but maybe like two weeks or so. An admin present in the game lobby whom I assume has a good judge of character extend this offer to the player. Once they have played a few weeks on the server, learn everyone's name and such, I am sure they will either become regulars or even become subscribers themselves.

Server Subscriber
    Yes! this is a great idea!

I also think this is a great idea! What's the likelihood of this happening?

Administrator
    I have just implemented a feature that gives you donator status if you are one of the first six or seven first players on the server when it's been empty for a while and it gets at least half-full.

This donator status lasts about 48 hours and will protect you from being kicked, if you disconnect, you'll be able to reconnect using the consoles connect command just like any donator.

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    I have just implemented a feature that gives you donator status if you are one of the first six or seven first players on the server when it's been empty for a while and it gets at least half-full.

This donator status lasts about 48 hours and will protect you from being kicked, if you disconnect, you'll be able to reconnect using the consoles connect command just like any donator.
    This is really cool, but how are newcomers going to know about this feature if they are new to the server and joining for the first time? Of course its an incentive for regulars who understand these rules to get on the server earlier than others to get those spots, but I think it would be hard for newcomers to know this.

Administrator
    There should be a message that cycles.