V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Thread: Memory Lane...

Memory Lane...

My parents recently dropped off my old nintendo. The one my brother and I got when we were young (5th grade for me), and they dropped it off in the original packaging, box, foam, controllers, wires, a box full of games, etc... Plugged it in, and just played 1-2 hours of Super Mario 1 & 2 (the weird one), Mike Tyson's Punchout and RC Pro AM. Wow... I saw some hilariously bad games in there (Spy Hunter, Elevator Action) as well as some classics, including Dragon Warrior 1, 2 & 3. I know Zelda is somewhere (gold case), but I didn't see it in the first dig. Nostalgia lane indeed. Many more games to go through as well.... happy days!

~Frozen

PS - old is good

Old School

Re: Memory Lane...

This makes me want to play that Micro Machines racing game. So much fun. My NES is still over at my folk's house up in the attic. One of these days, one of these days.

Old School

last time I was back in England town, I dug my commodore 64 out from under the bed, oh my god how awesome was treasure island dizzy and chucky egg, that's 1988 bitches!

I think I got you there Pipski (but barely)... pretty sure this system dates back to 1986/1987, closing in on 30 years. And I'll be damned if it worked on the first attempt, without any need to perform any of the old tricks (blow on the cartridge, perform the edge trick).

Sometime soon I plan on hooking up all of the old legacy systems that I never threw away, which actually spans quite a bit of gaming history. Got a room dedicated to chilling where I think it will be appropriate. No commodore though - you certainly win that battle .

Cheers,

Frozen

Community Regular

Good luck with that. I tried that while back only to find out that I needed quite a few power strips just to get everything plugged in right and getting them all hooked to the TV seamlessly has been a pain in the ass.