V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Community Regular

Queso - nectar of the gods

I was on the server last night and the majority of people playing were unaware of God's own preferred snack dip, Tex Mex style queso, aka, white cheese dip.

For any cheese loving people in this community.....make this recipe exactly as described and you will be rewarded. You will never look at lesser cheese type dips the same: http://phenomenalphoods.com/?p=1056

PS, if this looks too labor intensive, just buy some good fresh pico de gallo and guacamole from your local Mexican grocery and then you can just make the cheese base.

Also a link to the history of nachos in case anyone didn't believe me...I was pretty drunk and not sounding reliable I am sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nachos

Server Subscriber

Re: Queso - nectar of the gods

My personal favorite is Torchys Green Chile Queso (http://www.torchystacos.com/food/tacos/). For the old school queso, guac and pico, I would recommend going to Magnolia Cafe (http://themagnoliacafe.com/app-salad-soup/) and getting the Mag Mud instead. It adds black beans to the mix. I stick to breakfast at Kerbey Lane.

Community Regular

I prefer mine in a jar from NYC..

Community Regular

I've had people request queso at my work a few times and I usually just make a cheddar cheese base and mix in pico de gallo. Maybe I'll try this recipe with guacamole too.

Server Subscriber

The basic version for home queso is just a pound of velveeta and a can of rotel (chopped tomatoes and chiles). You control the runny-ness of the queso with the amount of liquid you drain off of the can of rotel. Your favorite salsa can be used in place of the rotel. Additions of fresh onions, peppers and your favorite chili are not unusual either.

Now I want cheese .

Community Regular

I can only assume my talk of Taco Johns started this. I know the sound of it makes it seem bad but its far better than anything you can get at Taco Bell. Some of the voogru players swear by it like me and the others have just never had it!
    http://www.tacojohns.com/

Old School

I clicked on Sobe's link and immediately saw what appears to be cilantro.

That makes me cringe just thinking about it. That stuff tastes like laundry detergent and regret.

Edit: So when I was looking up the spelling for cilantro, I learned that there is a genetic trait that makes it taste like the devil's ass crack. Huh.

"However, supposedly there's a genetic trait that makes cilantro taste like soap or ground metal shavings to some people."

Source

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I clicked on Sobe's link and immediately saw what appears to be cilantro.

That makes me cringe just thinking about it. That stuff tastes like laundry detergent and regret.

Edit: So when I was looking up the spelling for cilantro, I learned that there is a genetic trait that makes it taste like the devil's ass crack. Huh.

"However, supposedly there's a genetic trait that makes cilantro taste like soap or ground metal shavings to some people."

Source
    It's actually a surprising amount of people as far as percentage goes that taste soap when they eat cilantro.

My favorite style of guac is diced avocado with onion, tomato, cilantro, salt/pepper, and lime/lemon juice that isn't mashed together. I don't think I've ever had queso with guacamole in it, I'll have to try it. During the summer months I will just eat something light like chips and salsa/guacamole for dinner.