V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Keep getting kicked on join.

I keep getting kicked on join, console says nothing, forum says nothing, disabled all my mods, doesn't work.
    Did I get banned sometime whenever? What was the reason, can somebody dig in the archives so I can appeal it?

Edit: I'm being a silly billy. This was for Voogru #2 server for Natural Selection 2.

Server Admin

Re: Keep getting kicked on join.

Administrator

It's probably the slots kicking in.

Isn't that methodology kind of backwards? Shouldn't you guys just kick the longest playing player to rotate the slots whenever a donator joins? It seems to me you're keeping future community participators out while leaving empty lots waiting and gathering dust for players that will only join at random times.

Keep the slots full!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Isn't that methodology kind of backwards? Shouldn't you guys just kick the longest playing player to rotate the slots whenever a donator joins? It seems to me you're keeping future community participators out while leaving empty lots waiting and gathering dust for players that will only join at random times.

Keep the slots full!
    I don't think you fully understand what I meant.

We can't accept connections if the server is full, the NS2 engine doesn't expose anything as far as I know that allows me to detect a connection from a steamid before the server is full check.

So in order to work around this, I have the server report a lower maxplayer count than there really is. In this case, in reality the server is a 24 player server, but only 22 players are reported (and never over this amount).

Which means it's possible for the 23rd and 24th slot to be filled. The server goes through the normal process of accepting the connection, once you are in game then I'm able to check if you are a subscriber or not, if you are, it kicks another non-subscriber (so long as it's not one of the protected classes).

If you are not, it kicks you off.

This system is not preferable, I'd rather it block the connection at the very first chance, so that players didn't have to wait for the map to load and everything, only to be kicked off right away. It even does this with banned players.

tl;dr:

The server was full at the time you connected.