V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Automatically Banned, Reason "Imported"?

So I was playing on the dodgeball server, under the account PhantomJello (Steam id: STEAM_0:0:67669892) and after a while I got banned for "imported". At first I didn't know what this meant, but now I realize it probably means I was banned because of an imported ban list from another server. I understand the concept, keeping ass holes out before they prove they're ass holes, but I have done nothing wrong on your server. The BIG problem however, and the only reason I'm making this post, is because it affected my little brother who's pissed off at me. You know him as Livedadevil. Because while his account isn't banned, the collateral of my ban blocked our IP address from connecting to the server. If you don't feel like unbanning me, I would still be happy if you unbanned my brother, since he's completely innocent in this.

Administrator

Re: Automatically Banned, Reason "Imported"?

I have done nothing wrong on your server.
    Which is why I review these on a case by case basis, particular asshattery will be banned.

I went ahead and reviewed what caused the ban, and it was the relation to LivedAdevil, which has an assortment of steam accounts all with the same name, and bans on other servers for shenanigans, including ban evasion!

So unless you have a lot of brothers who like to use the same name on a bunch of different steamids... chances are you're him.

The BIG problem however, and the only reason I'm making this post, is because it affected my little brother who's pissed off at me
    http://www.voogru.com/?v=rules

- If you have been banned, the "It was my brother, sister, mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, girlfriend, boyfriend, dog, cat, mouse, bird, bot, zombie" excuse does not work here. You are responsible for who uses your computer, and more specifically, your STEAM ID..
    2.5 Bitcoins to 1Ph3QoBcGgkLvVJeCnidJnL2sVfarJC6ws and his one steamid can be unbanned. Do some google to figure out what it is (NOTE: He can still be banned for asshattery)

"I went ahead and reviewed what caused the ban, and it was the relation to LivedAdevil, which has an assortment of steam accounts all with the same name, and bans on other servers for shenanigans, including ban evasion!"
    This confuses me. I've never come across another livedadevil account in my entire life. idk if he has other accounts or not (probably does) but none with the same name. And that doesn't even make sense considering I was banned before he was, so how would it be my association to him that got me banned? When it was my ban that got him banned?

Also, if he does have multiple accounts with the same name, i guess the ban is fair and i'll talk to him about that bitcoin stuff

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by phantomjello View Post
    "I went ahead and reviewed what caused the ban, and it was the relation to LivedAdevil, which has an assortment of steam accounts all with the same name, and bans on other servers for shenanigans, including ban evasion!"
    This confuses me. I've never come across another livedadevil account in my entire life. idk if he has other accounts or not (probably does) but none with the same name. And that doesn't even make sense considering I was banned before he was, so how would it be my association to him that got me banned? When it was my ban that got him banned?
    Here, I'll go slow.

Your IP was cross-referenced with other players on the server, there was an exact match for another player (your 'brother'), since your account is brand-fuckin-spankin new (and f2p), the system assumes that there is a possible connection.

The system then checks other systems and databases for the previous matches to see if there is any funny business going on, if it finds something amiss, it bans all of the associated accounts, autofuckingmagically, and sends me an email.

You were both banned at the same time, there can be a slight delay though before it fully takes place on all of the servers.

We don't just auto-ban anyone with 'brothers', people can play from the same house on different steam accounts, but if one of them engages in malicious, trollish, assholeattack behavior and gets banned from a shit-ton of servers, it will then in fact ban all of players from the same household.

So yeah, your 'little brother' is a trollish, assholeattack, tf2 player. You can go kick his ass, which I'm sure will be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD40W81eTDE

Huh, well the reason my account is new is because i just finished university, and so haven't had time to play during. But anyways, yeah k makes sense. is there anyway to prove we're different people though? lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by phantomjello View Post
    Huh, well the reason my account is new is because i just finished university, and so haven't had time to play during. But anyways, yeah k makes sense. is there anyway to prove we're different people though? lol
    No.

The offer for the bitcoins still stands, I'll take the chance, for a price.

Well, I've never used bitcoins, and I'm not really interested in doing the effort to get them for this, but if he wants to he can. Thanks for actually explaining shit instead of being one of those "well da system said ban so it banneded" admins other servers have.