Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Defiance - Page 2
V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defiance

Community Regular

Re: Defiance

I'm not doing the game because it doesn't look anywhere near worth me paying for, now if it were f2p...maybe. Now the show, was interesting. I'll keep watching it for now.

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by HoundDawg View Post
    .... is horrible on so many levels.
    I really don't mean to pick a fight with you Hound, but, what is it that you do like?

Community Regular

Y'know what Hound doesn't hate? He doesn't hate Vests.

Old School

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Drayth View Post
    Have to say, the Series is pretty damn good, to me. Has me hooked, though we'll see about the game ;x
    I have to agree. The series has a nice cast... the actual battle was cheezy... but it seems to have hope of surviving longer than a number of other SyFy shows. At least, it was more enjoyable than the in-game story and flow.

Quote Originally Posted by MassaStorm View Post
    I'm not doing the game because it doesn't look anywhere near worth me paying for, now if it were f2p...maybe. Now the show, was interesting. I'll keep watching it for now.
    ^^ This. The quality of the game and gameplay screams F2P or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I really don't mean to pick a fight with you Hound, but, what is it that you do like?
    Currently, it's down to mainly PlanetSide2, followed by Path of Exile, and occasionally GuildWars 2. I keep testing new MMOs... which have just been completely disappointing... in a ... let's set the MMORPG industry back 10 years... kind of way.

PlanetSide 2 is not without its faults... but there really isn't anything close to it in the genre. The closest MMO out that can claim "massive" would be EvE and arguably GW2.

I know you were being sarcastic... esp with the follow-up Crosby photo... perhaps rather than attack me for my opinion reviews of these games, you can counter them with something positive and objective. Otherwise, I still see the same people buying into the hype.... and rather than countering my game reviews, they'd rather do personal attacks.

Old School

the tv show was fun, is it the next space opera like babalon 5; maybe?

Server Admin

The show isn't bad.... comes with the typical SyFy cheeze despite the cast. I like how the game and TV series are evolving the storyline, although I think it would have been cooler if they weren't on opposite sides of the continent. I'm not playing the MMO due to the many issues and disappointments during the beta, but I hear that the game is far more enjoyable on a console than the PC.

Community Regular

Well despite the above Glowing Reviews(and possibly because of them), Defiance is on sale for 5 bucks atm. No monthly fee so it might be worth it to you MMO-playing folks out there to indulge a few weeks into

Server Admin

lol, I saw the Steam sale too and then went looking around for more recent reviews to see if it's worth the $5 and my time. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much of anything positive. I'm still greatly disappointed since I think Trion did a great job with Rift. This just doesn't even come close. Only reason I came across, was that SyFy specifically didn't want the game to be better than the TV show... in any way.

Community Regular

Well I went and traded stuff for it...only to have it turn out that there's no fucking Options outside the game. You can ONLY change the options from ingame menus. By design. No Config.inis or even hackable settings files, it's apparently serverside or some stupid shit. Trion isn't respondign to -anything- on the Defiance forums, and due to the lack fo settings options, it tries to run at resolutions my monitor can't support, in fullscreen mode, turning off my monitor and hanging the system until I hard reboot. So yeah, you probably dodged a bullet there unfortunately...a shame too cuz it could've done so much more and gotten a bigger audience for the show.