V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Old School

Server a bit overtaxed?

After playing on some others servers I've noticed the Voogru servers are a bit laggy. Hit reg gets wonky, and the games feels like it stutters a bit at times. I play on some other servers sometimes, even 20 slots, and I see a marked difference in performance. Maybe we should turn down the slot count to 16 on each server?

Administrator

Re: Server a bit overtaxed?

The CPU usage doesn't seem to be showing any issues though. But has anyone else noticed this? I might consider going down to 16.

Old School

I've noticed it on occasion, when both servers are full and both of them seem to be nearing the end of the round with high entity counts.

Hasn't happened a lot, but definitely seen the hit reg get off.

Old School

Just an update, and I'm not sure how they calculate it, but today I noticed Hive 1 and 2 at 18/18 and dipping down to around 60% performance.

Community Regular

I remember someone made a video about NS2's hit reg and one of the servers they used was the Hive. It demonstrated some awful registration. However, the author went on to another server and it was much better. Personally, I've felt that the Hive has had some hitreg problems for awhile. Can't say I know the cause though.

Community Regular

I figured out the cause.

Its Flayra.

Quote Originally Posted by Boojangels View Post
    I remember someone made a video about NS2's hit reg and one of the servers they used was the Hive. It demonstrated some awful registration. However, the author went on to another server and it was much better. Personally, I've felt that the Hive has had some hitreg problems for awhile. Can't say I know the cause though.
    EDIT - I just pulled up the video again and saw that Voogru had contacted the person who made the post. This is old hat then.

------------------------------

I made a post about hitreg issues in November after Voogru servers get mentioned on the unknownworld forums has having hitreg issues.

Link to my post:

http://forums.voogru.com/showthread....ction-2/page39

Link to the video (that calls out Voogru Hive hitreg issues):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4XFt...ature=youtu.be

Link to the unknownworlds post that had some commentary about Voogru hitreg issues:

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/124826/x

Just posting it for your reference. I haven't played NS2 in a couple months tbh. I wasn't as worried about any issues as I was just hanging out and playing w/ Voogru friends anyway. Plus, we all know that when I killed you, it was skill, but when you killed me, it was hitreg. That and Adam hacks.

Frozen

Community Regular

Ah, glad to know it was resolved. I haven't been playing too much either.

Old School

I don't think anything was ever resolved?

Community Regular

Was I wrong? I certainly could be.