V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Thumbs up Kick/Banned from NS2 server. Admin power trip over disagreement

So I was just on your wonderful server, and I really like it, so first of all I would like to have my banned removed, pretty please.

Second of all I have no idea what justification was made for my kick/ban on the server. I merely chose a strat that was disagreed with on the marine side. It pretty much amounted to me saying that if you don't agree with my methods then kick me from the comm chair (which I did get kicked from the chair, but now I am curious if it was just the admin using the commands here as well.) I guess I stepped on some toes, that not being my intention at all, so I suppose I owe an apology for this.

What I don't understand however is the reason for the kick. I was not being offensive, and I explained my actions, ie "I built this robotics factory JUST in case I need to make turrets." merely responding in this manner for that move because it was brought up, "Are you going to build turrets?" More than likely I would of never built them, and had something in place for arcing the nearest hive, flight control, marines being in sub sector.

Anyways I could explain the situation in more detail if you want, but I think it detracts from the real issues here: 1. Please remove my ban (id: 2089745) 2. Am I really in the wrong here? It was a simple disagreement over gameplay. Your "admin" might want to consider his powers a bit more carefully.

tl;dr I GOT KICKED OMG YOUR AMDIN IS A DOUCHE! LET ME BACK IN! /wrists

Thanks for reading.

-Barbetos

Community Regular

Re: Kick/Banned from NS2 server. Admin power trip over disagreement

You weren't banned. You were kicked because you mic spammed about how your strat was amazing and kept on whining about it even after you were ejected from the chair. It was degrading the enjoyment of the whole marine team and everyone wanted you to stop. So I kicked you and assumed that you would take the hint to relax.

The servers have reserved slots and quickly fill up. If you try to join it when its full you get a Kicked message. This is normal.

Well I do apologize for how I came off, even though the sentiment your seemed to have received from the experience was not the way I was intending to come off. I do agree that after I got kicked from the chair I felt we would lose, and that was merely based off past experiences where it has happened to commanders: no one would replaced the kicked guy.

Community Regular

We did lose that round. Shortly afterwards someone jumped in the chair and recycled everything. Then we played again with the same teams and won.....without a rushed robotics factory.

As I said, there's no ban. Come on back anytime.