V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Regular

Re: Natural Selection 2 Server Up.

The ping is great for me so far, I'm in central MS in the USA.

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada West

Community Regular

Finally got in there played with G2, travelingthumbs, Adam, and someone else I'm probably forgetting. Was a lot of fun.

Community Regular

If I can ever actually get into a game, I have fun. But this server browser is just plain awful. Half the time it doesn't find any servers!

Community Regular

Mine did that today too. It seems it is either loading servers so fast that the best I can do is sort them by ping and try to double click on the same one really fast or I have to choose between three lol.

Administrator

I've come up with a possible solution for the reserved slots. I already have about half of the code done.

Basically what I'm going to be doing is setting it up so the server has 24 slots, but only allows 18 players on at the same time. The reason why I'm making so many extra slots is because it takes a very long time to authenticate to the server and I wanted to be able to handle more than one reserved slotter, and also I want to avoid issues because I can't tell if someone holds a reserved slot until very late.

The server will only report for example, 18 players (and will never report more than this, even though there might be more).

The only catch is, just like in TF2, you’ll have to use the connect command to join the server. Which is the same as it is in TF2, and it won't work if more than 6 players are trying to connect when the server is ‘full’.

However, this should be a rare event.

Community Regular

But wouldn't that mean that if only one person with a reserved slot connects one team will always have an extra player?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SoBe Green View Post
    But wouldn't that mean that if only one person with a reserved slot connects one team will always have an extra player?
    No, the server will constantly be trying to keep the active player count at 18 (or whatever max is)

Right on Voog!

So "connect XX.XXX.XXX" console command and we should be good once everything is written

Community Regular

Awesome Voogru, you're just plain awesome.

If it's already half done then is it safe to assume it'll be working in a day or two, barring any unforeseen problems?