V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rtv

Re: Rtv

The dodgeball community as a whole isn't dying, there are four active dbs servers in the US alone. However voogru seems content on ignoring its own dbs server, with all of the rented servers.

There are a few of us that choose voogru over the others because we just want to play dodgeball with a low ping and not have to worry about admin abuse, silly rules, or other silly plugins. Adding an outdated map voting system doesn't really help.

No one answered why the RTV system was even added. Were players clamoring for it? I never heard anyone ask for it in game or on these forums. Again, if it was the map voting system used by Dodgeball Hell (8 go back a page, 9 go forward and not start the rotation from the beginning) it would be livable.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdGuy View Post
    Reporting which maps are broken (and how) when you encounter them would be useful. Typically maps are fine when uploaded but some later update breaks them.

If people are purposely rtv'ing to broken maps to cause trouble you should report them.

I'm a dodgeball noob, I don't know most of the maps anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingthumbs View Post
    I believe map_list or maplist in the console will give you all the maps on that server "to know the full name for the map to be nominated."
    Or, you could state what maps are "broken"..
    I typed maplist and I didn't see any list of maps.

Where should I report broken maps? A new thread?

Let's start with dbs_the_city. There are more but I don't stick around to play the broken maps. http://steamcommunity.com/id/crashiekenz/ STEAM_0:0:47001563 was bragging about how they were RTVing and nominating all of the broken maps. I don't feel like staying on a server playing broken maps to report each one.

Quote Originally Posted by travelingthumbs View Post
    Good luck on another dbs server... enjoy the ping!!
    Dodgeball Hell and Team Killers United have fairly low ping, thank you very much.

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Skroober View Post
    No one answered why the RTV system was even added.
    I've got no idea why it was turned back on. It's the same RTV system we've had on the voogru servers since forever over on Crazy House. It was turned off because of abuse way back on the dodgeball servers.

I typed maplist and I didn't see any list of maps.
    Hmm, it should dump them to console. Last time I tried it it worked for me but I'll check it next time I'm on.

Where should I report broken maps? A new thread?
    Here is fine I guess but a new thread works too.

Let's start with dbs_the_city. There are more but I don't stick around to play the broken maps.
    I don't blame you. I'll try to check it out.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/crashiekenz/ STEAM_0:0:47001563 was bragging about how they were RTVing and nominating all of the broken maps.
    A demo or a screenshot would be nice with the date and time (and timezone) but ideally we'd have no broken maps for them to RTV to.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdGuy View Post
    I've got no idea why it was turned back on. It's the same RTV system we've had on the voogru servers since forever over on Crazy House. It was turned off because of abuse way back on the dodgeball servers.

Hmm, it should dump them to console. Last time I tried it it worked for me but I'll check it next time I'm on.
    Ok I have to do it console, that works. Didn't know that. And I'm not as old school as some of the others, so I don't recall when it had RTV on.