V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rtv

Rtv

What was the reasoning for RTV?

It is my opinion that RTV in the current form for the dbs server is not a good idea and I think it should be removed.

After a few maps into the rotation, people will RTV
    Only two maps can be nominated, and you have to know the full name for the map to be nominated.
    The maps that are nominated are usually horrible or just plain broken, and are not in the rotation for good reason.
    After that broken map is played, the process starts all over again.
    It wouldn't be so bad if the rotation didn't start from the beginning each time after the RTV.

If it was implemented like the Hell server, it wouldn't be so bad.

Server Admin

Re: Rtv

That didn't take long.

First, you have more than two maps nominated, you just need more people to nominate them.
    Second, thank democracy.

You could at least vet the maps so broken maps can't be nominated. Off to a different dbs server it is then.

Server Admin

Reporting which maps are broken (and how) when you encounter them would be useful. Typically maps are fine when uploaded but some later update breaks them.

If people are purposely rtv'ing to broken maps to cause trouble you should report them.

I'm a dodgeball noob, I don't know most of the maps anyways.

Community Regular

I believe map_list or maplist in the console will give you all the maps on that server "to know the full name for the map to be nominated."
    Or, you could state what maps are "broken"..
    Good luck on another dbs server... enjoy the ping!!

Community Regular

rtv on dbs ends up being 24/7 champion (or as close to 24/7 as it can get with rtv 'cooldowns')

just my experience. It has been trialled on other dbs servers countless times with the same result

Community Regular

The way rtv and nominations is implemented on Voided's Dodgeball Hell server is how it should be in my opinion. It is just super easy to use and understand and requires nothing more than choosing a number instead of having to type out a map name. While some maps get overplayed there is still a good variety of maps because of the speed record stats people like to achieve to break. So in turn many underplayed maps do get a turn because of that "carrot on a stick" people like to chase.

A vote auto comes up with3 minutes left in the map and then a map is decided on upon the 5 listed unless someone nominates a map to be included in the vote earlier.

I have seen a RTV pass on the speed server here at Voogru, but then because there are not enough map nominations afterwards it fails. It is not user friendly at all.

Just something I wish was done here to increase server population since this is what I have always considered my home for the past 3 years, but unfortunately I have at times recently have to go to one of the other servers that rents out Voogru's mod since their server always seems to be more full.

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Power and Glory View Post
    The way rtv and nominations is implemented on Voided's Dodgeball Hell server is how it should be in my opinion. It is just super easy to use and understand and requires nothing more than choosing a number instead of having to type out a map name....

...I have seen a RTV pass on the speed server here at Voogru, but then because there are not enough map nominations afterwards it fails. It is not user friendly at all.

Just something I wish was done here to increase server population since this is what I have always considered my home for the past 3 years, but unfortunately I have at times recently have to go to one of the other servers that rents out Voogru's mod since their server always seems to be more full...
    Holy voice of reasoning, batman! It's like the people of this community care or something! Do we have to sign a petition to get an up-to-date system in place? In the same tone of Power and Glory, I've found that, not only do I have to go to other servers to play TF2, but I've also subscribed to other communities because they have robust and easy-to-use voting mods.

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cold-- View Post
    Holy voice of reasoning, batman! It's like the people of this community care or something! Do we have to sign a petition to get an up-to-date system in place? In the same tone of Power and Glory, I've found that, not only do I have to go to other servers to play TF2, but I've also subscribed to other communities because they have robust and easy-to-use voting mods.
    This. And to you dodgeball guys the rest of us who play on CH feel your pain although I know not all of your maps have easy to remember names or even short ones for that matter. Hopefully you guys can get something before your servers die too.

Community Regular

and now for a quote from Sobe's line of "CH is dead" threads, this one is form the january edition

Quote Originally Posted by blue_tetris View Post
    More doomsday tears from the resident tin-foil enthusiast.
    by far one of the greatest things ever said on this forum, and while CH is undoubtedly much less populated (if ever), this may just be God's way of saying "GET OFF YOUR HINEY AND DO SOMETHING ELSE, LIKE LOSE WEIGHT OR OVERCOME A DRINKING PROBLEM"

Besides having C0LD--, Sobe, myself, or blue_tetris regurgitate the same load of cow manure, I'd prefer someone who is not one of those 4 people to post in this thread.

GOD DAMMIT YOU CAN'T REVIVE A COMMUNITY WITH 4 PEOPLE

oh shit I was off topic the whole time, errrr um, the map voting system that uses 8 to go back a page, 9 to go forward, and 0 to exit the menu will forevermore be the best

nominate cp_blucourt_v7_b1_e3_g5