Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Regular

Blacklight: Retribution

So, who else is or has played this yet? i'm 12 and enjoyin it so far :3

Community Regular

Re: Blacklight: Retribution

You're 12 years old or you're level 12?

I've thought about playing it but not sure.

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MassaStorm View Post
    You're 12 years old or you're level 12?

I've thought about playing it but not sure.
    level 12 :P and it's worth the download, but takes getting use to. it's not like your normal unlock systems like Battlefield or modern warfare, most of the time you'll be 'renting' the gear till you can get enough GP (in game cash) to unlock things permanently. I know it sounds like a hassle, but you get 100-200gp per game depending on how well you do. They even have level locked servers where you can get sort of use to the game with other people level 10 and under.

Is this a pay 2 win game or not? Also, are there a lot of haxers?

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNoob View Post
    Is this a pay 2 win game or not? Also, are there a lot of haxers?
    only in the sense that you can buy higher level items with real cash to use right away, but eventually you'll be able to get them as you get higher level. but as in being able to buy flat better weapons? nope, you'll eventually be able to get the parts to make any kind of gun you want.

As far as the hackers go, i dunno cause i don't hack, but i'm sure eventually there will be some, cause there always are, but as of right now, it seems all legit.

Server Admin

They're using Punkbuster as the anti-cheat... expect hackers. I watched a few videos TotalBiscuit did on it... looked like a cool game... although it does have pay-to-win elements in it.

Community Regular

It's fun. It's not Pay 2 Win, as you can rent anything ingame with GP you gain from playing, and 2 games will ned you enough to rent most things for a day; if you play alot or well, you can Rent 7day versions, or buy Permanent ones. Everything in the Mall is balanced pretty well or obtainable/Rentable ingame, it's just "Easier" to get it with money; and when people die you can pick up their shit and use it against 'em too.

Yes, Punkbuster. Yes, Cheaters. No, not too often. I've seen 2, maybe 3 for certain so far, and I was the only one that killed one of them. lol

It "feels" like APB in the menus and gun choosing/customizing, but plays like Call of Duty/Battlefield; the uniqueness in gameplay comes from the HRV, which literally translates to "Legal Ingame Wallhack" and has a huge effect on the gameplay. You can't shoot while it's on, and it has a Recharge-time based on how long you use it for up to 5sec or so, so it evens out; most people take a quick Peek then turn it back off when necessary.

I've got 2 videos on my Channel showing off some of the Newbie Server gameplay if any of ya are interested in checking it out, and there's also TB's video as Hound said if you want to see the non-Gameplay elements. Give it a fair shot based on TB's vid at least, he explains it well and is what got me to try it.

Community Regular

the gun customizing shit is so indepth i get lost in it...it needs to be simplified a little

Community Regular

That's half the fun for me...I could spend 20-30mins on that shit, I used to spend hours in the Unit Customizer in Shattered Galaxy lol

Community Regular

i think i would spend the better half of my time playin armored core just customizing my core aswell :3