V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator

Re: Stats for Voogru's dodgeball -- [php/pdo/namespaces/phpar]

This just appears to be a log parsing tool of some sort, I don't think this does anything on the client, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    This just appears to be a log parsing tool of some sort, I don't think this does anything on the client, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    It is, but can easily be modified to use the normal client chat command rather than all of those hlx_* commands and have automated chat responses based on parsed log triggers. It's not the first and this script looks a bit sloppy and bloated for what it does. DataStorm's link is a bit better and a far simpler post... and again... nothing wrong with client-side parsers as long as it doesn't disrupt the server.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by HoundDawg View Post
    It is, but can easily be modified to use the normal client chat command rather than all of those hlx_* commands and have automated chat responses based on parsed log triggers. It's not the first and this script looks a bit sloppy and bloated for what it does. DataStorm's link is a bit better and a far simpler post... and again... nothing wrong with client-side parsers as long as it doesn't disrupt the server.
    It would require a client hook to get all of that extra information as far as I know. Really it's no different than someone binding a key to "say lots of crap". If people spam chat/voice we just gag/mute and be done with it.

Thanks voogru.

I haven't been around long, but I'm from banworks. sibananx