V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grow the f up!

Community Regular

Re: Grow the f up!

Posting this for [N]A.K, she was skeptical about setting up an account and posting, and seeing as I completely agreed and had my 2 cents to add here it is:

"Okay, sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I've seriously had enough of Nami.
    All Nami does is whine and complain over his mic when someone does something he doesn't like. ESPECIALLY PUSHING. If you push him once he will go off for what seems to be a half hour. He will call you names, such as faggot, prick, pussy, etc. and say how much you suck and can't do anything else but push. If you push him off JUST ONCE, he will be a dick to you and call you names until he ragequits (as usual) or until you leave. There's many people who play that can confirm this. He's seriously out of hand and something needs to be done about him. I have never lost my patience with someone as much as with this guy. Nor have I ever been so annoyed.
    Not only that, Nami has been racist a few times. I can't of course prove it, as usually it is over voice chat and it isn't often that someone is recording a game to catch it.
    And saying there's dicks on dbs is no excuse. Sure there is, but at least do something about the ones who break the rules? Isn't that what admins are supposed to do?"

Speaking of subscribers, Strings was abusive yesterday towards me (jubjub) for similar reasons of being arrogant and whining about being pushed. These two should be leading by example as subscribers as I'd like to think I tried to do with my year of being one, and not breaking the first rule of voogru; "elitism". Although yesterday was the first time I had to cross paths with strings I did take evidence of his actions for anyone who wants to see them I have a condump and a screenshot. As for Nami, well, I just took a screenshot of him calling me a "faggot". http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sir_Psy...420?tab=public . I'm sure a search for their names on your system would show many more misdemeanors in chat.

Ultimately it is your choice voogru and admins what you wish to do with these subscribers. I have chosen not to post a ban request as I'd usually prefer not to see donators to this community getting punished, but these two are certainly trying my patience. As for me, I shall go back to pushing these two, atleast until they accept that the voogru servers encourage it in chat.

Also, I'd like to add that the general feedback on this thread is pretty pathetic from you guys. Whatever your opinions are of the dodgeball communities, their actions reflect on the voogru name. Show a bit of decency and actually care even a little bit and we might get along a lot better.

jubjub

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cold-- View Post
    If users are getting out of hand, you should contact an admin. The list is on the official Voogru Steam group.
    Also if no one wants to "track down" the Voogru Steam Group and are already on the forums they can find a list of Admins and links to their Steam Profile's by clicking that little itty bitty V in the upper left hand corner of the screen. It will also show everyone that's banned and why. Those are a fun read every now and again.

Community Regular

I am aware, and I informed Satertek yesterday after the strings incident in which he has informed me he will speak to him. The most recent ban, I also reported to Satertek. Also, today, I told him about Nami as soon as I caught him, but figured seeing as there is already this thread, why not give more evidence here. But yes, I do wish a lot more people on the servers actually reported such actions rather than whining about it back to them. The people expect that the admins will just magically sort it.

Good night.

Jub

Community Regular

seems like it's all about gathering a little evidence. maybe just recording a demo or two, voog admins have been happy to review demos i've sent them about people breaking rules/ruining the atmosphere we logon to enjoy

can't really say much about nami as i've only played with him twice. I did not get on with his personality but i can't condone somebody over 2 games. i will keep an eye out for unfriendly attitude/ acting out against the good environment i have grown accustomed to on the voogru servers.

also i know i don't subscribe so maybe not my place to say but i assume voogru and his admins would rather take steps to prevent/punish subscribers getting out of hand as they are 1. representing the regulars of the community 2. potentially scaring off future subscribers with their attitudes

Community Regular

provide some evidence and get this asshole muted / gagged, if you just ban him outright then he may just drift off to another server to settle down in, but if not he will suffer many a mute game of not being able to communicate with anyone unless he relays the message through a chat window

sometimes people forget that tf2 is in fact a VIDEO GAME and not 4chan and the appropriate ground to be an asshole and abuse your limited internet anonymity

If there were admins in game this wouldn't be an issue.

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Skroober View Post
    If there were admins in game this wouldn't be an issue.
    Tekish used to by my dark knight in DB and SDB. Oh how I miss the days of his no-shit-taking attitude to ban butthurt teens. Beatnik did a huge share as well. Ah, good 'ol memories.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes. I think if you guys really want to see more admins in the dodgeball servers, you should commission a group of people to ask Voogru to appoint a sub-admin group, or "Moderators" if you will, that can perform menial tasks. Tasks such as: "Mini" bans (30 minutes or less), mutes, and gags. This will reduce the chance of having an abusive admin on our hands and at the same time will reduce the amount of effort other admins need to put forth in deciding a new admin.

"What's that? Been here for a year and want to be a Mod? Why not!?" *BOOM* Powers graced upon your silky bottom. You'd see the quality of gameplay shoot through the roof because people know they can't get away with being a prick.

It's just a thought, though. I doubt anyone will take it seriously. :-)

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cold-- View Post
    Tekish used to by my dark knight in DB and SDB. Oh how I miss the days of his no-shit-taking attitude to ban butthurt teens. Beatnik did a huge share as well. Ah, good 'ol memories.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes. I think if you guys really want to see more admins in the dodgeball servers, you should commission a group of people to ask Voogru to appoint a sub-admin group, or "Moderators" if you will, that can perform menial tasks. Tasks such as: "Mini" bans (30 minutes or less), mutes, and gags. This will reduce the chance of having an abusive admin on our hands and at the same time will reduce the amount of effort other admins need to put forth in deciding a new admin.

"What's that? Been here for a year and want to be a Mod? Why not!?" *BOOM* Powers graced upon your silky bottom. You'd see the quality of gameplay shoot through the roof because people know they can't get away with being a prick.

It's just a thought, though. I doubt anyone will take it seriously. :-)
    Have appealed for this before, to promises that were only fulfilled for a short while. I think voogru said he has made the code for such a thing to be implemented but it's up to him when he decides to give the dodgeball servers the moderation it needs. I have certainly given up on appealing for it.

On a side note, [N] A.K. obtained a video of nami during one of his rages, I gave all the evidence to Satertek to make a decision, haven't heard back from him yet but here's a small example of the whining he does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPkIZFpOfk

Community Regular

He sounds like me when people are using the Pomson (except I don't call people "faggots"). Eh, it's typical internet butthurt. I'd just mute him and move on if the admins aren't going to ban him or if you aren't going to make a ban request thread. Problem solved.

Community Regular

yeah when I start raging I complain a bit more, regardless the term faggot remains blacklisted, I prefer the term "cunt" or "asshole"

I wonder if there's a client side auto mute script of some sort, THAT'D BE REAL NEAT NO MORE HAVING TO MANUALLY DO IT