V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grow the f up!

Community Regular

Grow the f up!

Yeah sorry about the title, but I figure it will get people's attention.

This is directed at a few of you Speed regulars namely Nami and Substract. I sat back quietly Nami while you kept calling people "faggots" for two maps straight just because they were airblasting you. Get over it. Deal with it. Substract calling people douchbags too for the same thing. It's a part of the game. You honestly think a player who is new to the mod not to airblast you when they see someone from the opposing team crossing over to their side? The goal is to beat the other team. If you want to play risky like that then airblasting is the price you pay sometimes.

You then had the nerve Nami to say that Voogru should do something about it. You are right except it's people like you and a bunch of others on the Speed server he should be doing something about. The mod is fine the way it is. The mod is supposed to be a nice laid back and have a good time atmosphere. Airblasting is a part of it.

You say that some other dodgeball server kicks players for it. Well then how about you and your friends going to play there from now on? I am sick and tired of the same assholes who think they can get away with stuff like that on the servers. I thought this was going to be a better summer with the free players check that Voogru put on. I guess not.

The sad thing thing too Nami is that you are a subscriber. You should know better than to be acting like the mouthbreather you are. People like you are what make the whole Voogru DB community look bad and it makes it that much harder to get new people to play.

Server Admin

Re: Grow the f up!

...</rant></vent>
    fixed.

Old School

Another TF2 rant? Yay!

Community Regular

Wonder what there are more of? TF2 rant posts or posts stating the obvious.

Community Regular

It's something that has been on my mind for the last few weeks now. So I had to let off some steam. Sorry for caring about the servers.

On a positive note I was able to show a couple people how to play tonight and they showed interest in returning and continuing to play.

Community Regular

The DB servers are the bastard step-children of Voogru. You can't expect much.

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SirPew View Post
    The DB servers are the bastard step-children of Voogru. You can't expect much.
    When I used to play on the DB servers it used to be really fun (I'm sure it still is). The DBS servers were a blast! Now... eh, too many kids spam the mic, so I don't stick around too long anymore. There are definitely too many people who call others "faggot". In fact, there are a few in Crazy House who throw around the F-bomb quite a bit and I'm really perplexed why they haven't been banned (at least temporarily) for that.

Isn't there a subscriber named "Phaggot"? Doesn't that send the wrong message to other users? I'm pretty sure I've seen Beatnik and NerdGuy frequent the DB servers lately. If users are getting out of hand, you should contact an admin. The list is on the official Voogru Steam group.

Community Regular

In reply to Cold, yeah, the servers are still fun for the most part. There is a lot of hate that goes on in DBS mostly. Maybe it's because of the massive ePeen contest that ensues over who can reflect the fastest rocket, or maybe it's some other reason I'm none too sure of.

Yes, there is a subscriber named Phaggot. Admins have been in the server at the same time as him before. I'm surprised no one has asked him to change his name as well. And, yeah, I'm not quite sure who nerdguy is other than that he is an admin, and I have seen him on. I've taken a hiatus from tf2 in general due to some other circumstances. Beatnik however, is a doll . He helped me upload and test my maps when no other admins would answer me lol. Love ya Beat~

In any case, to end this paragraphs long thing: Voogru is my home in tf2. I just hate seeing it overtaken by little kids with big egos because even now, a clean up of non-f2p members is needed as well. Blocking f2p players wasn't the best idea in my mind, but I understand that it worked because of those jerks that were abusing the f2p system.

And even though it sounds like Power is ranting, there is truth in that rant. That man has been an active person in the voog community for a long time, and helps a ton of newcomers to db.

Server Admin

Although there's a lot of truth in it.... there's really not a whole lot we can do about people getting upset over a non-hacked and non-exploited feature of the game. That's clearly a personal issue. How they respond, could lead to consequences.

Overall, anyone on the DB servers should have thick skin... and a mute script.

Community Regular

eh dbs has always been haters gonna hate (not at you power at those that like to be a bit of a dick but can't handle the consequences) I found a few rounds of instant reflecting and nudging into rockets makes the ego's rq so the rest of us can have a fun game