V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Planetside 2

Community Regular

Re: Planetside 2

Server Admin

Meanwhile, the lattice system continues to degrade the gameplay into a linear series of zergged outpost ghost caps until hitting a "crown" outpost or facility, where 2 faction zergs slam into each other. Player loss continues.

So, with few remaining players to lock even a single continent anymore.....I sure hope they release continent locking with Hossin, or we'll see 3 nearly empty continents and even more linear time-wasting ghost caps. They're also strategically pushing the release until after the 12 month sub renewals in November...along with a number of other features.

Server Subscriber

SOE just released a new optimization patch. I might have to pick this game back up now. It ran like shit on my laptop. Maybe not so much now. If anyone wants to play, add me on steam or something.

Community Regular

Hmm...well I just updated to win7 and doubled my RAM now that I'm off 32bit XP, that + this optimization shit might just make it playable for me for more than an hour.

Problem is...does anyone still play? Did that new shit mentioned above kill off the original spirit of the game, a massive fight for the map vs ghost caps?

Community Regular

I still enjoy it but BF4 is the new crack for me right now. Once I get my fix on that, I'll venture back to PS2 and then start mixing my time between them.

Community Regular

I think it'll be awhile for me too...I've gotten back into Ragnarok since they added it to Steam, + another Minecraft stint, and on top of it all, Defiance went on sale for $5 so I indulged to try it out lol

Old School

I still play. I go on breaks from time to time, however. FPS gaming just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. But having an organized group that's fun to play with helps a lot.

Community Regular

I don't have very much time to play anything anymore and I recently bought Fallout 3 which I never got around to so I've been playing that a lot lately. Tough to play any sort of games with friends with my current life schedule.

Community Regular

I haven't played PS2 in a while now, I doubt there is anything SOE can do that will make me want to play it again at this point. I'm with Derenok, FPS games just aren't that appealing to me anymore. I don't know if it's because my preferences have changed as I've gotten older, or if it's because most FPS games suck these days.

Server Admin

I've tried a few months ago to get back into PS2... but the linear lattice gameplay nuked the game to boredom hell. Players continue dropping the game faster than ever... full outfits leaving... it's like SOE doesn't give a shit anymore and is focusing most of their attention on those that are remaining for competitive league play or just devoted to EQN.

I miss the days when PS2 was an open world PvP sandbox. Most of the lattice supporters don't even play anymore either. GG

This will quickly get the merge into a single US server, faster than PS1 did.