V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: My computer issues

Agghh may be too late, great deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...axy-_-14162123

Community Regular

Thanks for trying, I clicked on the link, added it to my cart to see the price and as I was trying to decide if I could afford to buy it, it sold out. Oh well, I purchased that Corsair 650 psu. Bring on the deals newegg!!!

Community Regular

Ok 1 question before I buy this vid card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=
    It says PCI express 3.0 x 16 and my mobo didn't have PCI 3: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...specifications

It that ok?

Server Admin

PCIE 3.0 cards are backwards compatible with 2.0 boards and will work fine together. The "x16" (16 lanes) is the important part, that determines the form factor.

Community Regular

Ok mini update for those who are interested
    I have received my Corsair 650W Power Supply in the mail. It is still in the box waiting.
    I ordered a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card, it should be here sometime next week.
    I have a Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM and a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM on watch, waiting to see which one I can get for cheaper. I want the 1TB one but we shall see.
    I think I will install the gpu and psu now and then put in the hard drive whenever I get one.
    Thanks again for the input
    If anyone else has two cents to add to my dilemma please feel free to post.
    I am hopin to have some time and energy to give to TF2 soon.

Server Subscriber

Congratulations!

Community Regular

Thanks Clowndog and Adam.
    Granted we do have a new baby in the house so I don't know when I will be able to install anything. But it is good to have them in any event.
    Oh oh I think I am being tempted by western digital. I found this Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM . Now that is a hard drive I wouldn't have to replace for awhile. I am watching it in hopes of getting a sweet deal.
    Thank again Sh33p for showing me pcpartpicker.
    This thread feels like it is turning into a blog. Oh well no one else is posting anything.

First thing first,
    Reinstall TF2
    Be sure to have it set on DirectX8 or lower.
    Verify your local cache files and defragment it as well.
    In game, set all your setting to minimum.
    Let me know how that goes.

Community Regular

Thanks again for all the suggestions
    Here is what I purchased:
    Corsair Enthusiast 650W Power Supply
    XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card
    Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

All that I installed so far is the video card, I am hoping to have some time to hook everything up around spring break. I misplaced my legal copy of windows xp so I had to reinstall my cracked version when my hard drive crapped out the first time. I am not sure if this is kosher to ask but do y'all have any site recommendations where I can get a free quasi-legal version of windows 7? All I am familiar with is the bit torrent and pirate bay sites. I don't want to spend the 80 bucks on an os.

Community Regular

If you have a student email from a university (something with a .edu domain) you can get Windows 7 for just $30. Google "windows 7 student pricing" and you should find it.