Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Community Regular

Re: My computer issues

ok ok I am back to my issues.
    Here is what I purchased:
    Corsair Enthusiast 650W Power Supply
    XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card
    Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

I installed my new 2tb hard drive and I installed my new copy of windows7 and now every time I turn my computer on it doesn't boot right.
    I connected the the hard drive to my SATA1 port and when I choose it as the primary boot device I get asked to Reboot and select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key.
    And Win7 doesn't recognize my graphics card or my ancient soundblaster card. I got it to recognize the graphics card by doing a internet driver dl but the driver disk that came with the gpu still says that it can not find the right hardware with I try to install the drivers from that disk.
    Oh and I installed the new psu and had it running fine then the next day something went 'pop' and the computer slowly shut down. I reinstalled the old psu and it has been keeping my computer running. Curse you Corsair 650W I hope I can find the fricken receipt to get your ass replaced.
    Anyways I am just throwing this out there to someone again. I figured I would bounce it off a few of y'all before I enlist my programmer brother in law who think I only call him to fix my computer. :P

Community Regular
    Ok so my mother board, processor and ram are fried and muddy be replaced. I went to a computer store and the guy I talked with was pushing an intel i5 processor. I had an AMD before so I ask looking for other opinions. So AMD or Intel? Go.

Community Regular
    I built a new comp earlier this year and switched from AMD to Intel... I couldn't be happier..
    i5 4460 3.2ghz
    ASRock H97 motherboard
    G Skill Ripjaws 8GB
    for under 300

This site is great

You can build your comp and find the cheapest parts.. It will also tell you if your build will work together..

Old School
    (I know this is a thread resurrection)

Very cool link thumbs

Here are a couple other sites that I would recommend:

https://pchound.com/CCe4vS/ -- it's similar to part picker, but the UI is extremely intuitive. I send this to all of my non-tech savvy friends-- I'm not insinuating anything by any stretch, just thought I would share for future reference.

Also, I keep an eye on https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/

There are some seriously sweet deals that pop up every now and then and everyone shares them. It's perfect if you're going for a cheap and efficient build.

TRoN-- I've been down the AMD road before, but it has been a while. In fact, the last time that I actually owned an AMD processor machine was when I had an FX-55. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103527

If you want to game primarily, I stand by the i5's. I'd say that that fella knew what he was talking about. On my other PC I have an i5 2500k that I've been able to overclock to 4.3 GHz with just air cooling. Even before that, I never once got bottle necked by my cpu.
    Last edited by Adam; 08-12-2015 at 03:49 PM.