V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Terraria, the game that I've always wished Minecraft was

Anyone else who hasn't bought this that wants to go in on a four-pack?

Old School

Needs a demo

Community Regular

There was a leak that people considered a demo g2 though a fair bit's changed in Release; there's let's plays by the developers(linked above) + a few of the bigger youtube people(same way minecraft's popularity rose via whats his face LPing it) - But basically if you enjoyed minecraft but wanted more action and less critters, it'll be fun for you =P

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Needs a demo
    Could do what I did with Minecraft and YYEEEAARRRRGH it, and then buy it if you like it.

Community Regular

Notch semi-condoned the YEAAAAAAARGH types, cuz it did indeed lead to many a sale that might've been on the fence otherwise...I've not heard from the Terraria guys on the same subject but I agree with Notch's opinion to an extent

Community Regular

Yoshi and I are trying to play multiplayer but keep getting an error on trying to connect, something about "machine is actively refusing connections"
    Anybody got it working for mp yet?

Community Regular

Evil and I have been playing on a UK friend's server, I've heard a few people getting that error and dunno how to fix it yet...

Community Regular

We somehow fixed the problem by having me host instead of Saber. I have no clue how or why that worked.

Community Regular

Same for us, one guy was gonna host but another had to instead...now we've all gone off to single player to farm resources lol; I lucked out on my single player map and found a TON of silver + a chest on a floating island above some corrupted area containing a Starfury sword, 11mana to swing it but it rains stars from the sky when you do lol

Then when I went into the multiplayer world I found like 7 chests in a cave within the first half hour...2 awesome boomerangs that do as much dmg as a gold sword and just tears mobs up =D

Tek said he's gonna try to put a server together with spare parts to host one on, but it's giving him error issues/crashing and overall not cooperating atm so it might not be up till they release the dedicated server program in the coming days/weeks =/

Community Regular

My server's been running just fine, it's not dedicated, but it's running fine.

However, the caves are about half a mile from the town, and those are the closest ones. Plus, my god there are slimes everywhere!

And it's a bad idea to join a server when the blood moon has just risen.