V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Community Regular

Re: Terraria, the game that I've always wished Minecraft was

Tek, any chance you plan on starting a server for some of us to gather on and multiplayer together?

Community Regular

Unlike Minecraft the world size is limited...so we'd eventually mine the world out or have to make new maps, but otherwise yeah, having a centralized server would be awesome like G2's Minecraft server

Community Regular

From what I understand, the server software is Windows-only, which will not agree with my current Linux box. I'm going to see what else I can do - I have a friend who has access to a Windows box that I might be able to use.

Community Regular

I don't see myself liking this over minecraft, but for $10 I might get it as well, just for the multiplayer aspect.

Community Regular

It's definently going to be a multiplayer-focused title for sure...like you see in the LP above the other guy plays a vital role in lighting dark areas since torches aren't as easy to come by and there's alot more cave going on if your worldgen is lucky enough not to fill every freaking place with water lol

Community Regular

Apparently there's been a client leak...from what I gather, in it's current form, you "host" by opening the game > Multiplayer > Create Server > choose a World to use(you can use your single player maps, and your inventory is saved per char no matter what world you play or online vs offline; storage chests however do not carry over between worlds) then let that first client sit as a Server Program, the nopen a 2nd one and connect to it through that

Servers are the standard "Choose your char to use then Enter IP"; hosts need to open port 31337(yes, they really used that port..lol) but otherwise it's good to go as is. Chances are high it'll only work on windows since it's built on a Windows-based XNA game studio, but I've not heard about anyone trying other setups yet, but I'm sure they'll offer a linux-based setup eventually.

Community Regular

Yay! It's release day. Can't wait to buy it and play at home tonight!

Community Regular

Yup it just came out, Terraria on Steam - $10 solo, 4packs available for $30

Community Regular

So, my question is, who's going to host the server?

Community Regular

Tek might, have to see what he says when he logs on...if not I'll likely be hosting one "when I'm around/available", aka not 24/7. That's assuming my internet stays stable, it's been giving me trouble since the hailstorm recently