V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

How to use the weapon particles subscriber feature.

Hey all,

I decided to add a new subscriber feature that allows you to apply a particle effect to your weapon. TF is outfitted with about 17 special effects that can be on the weapons, from hearts, fire, ghosts, and so on.

So there is a new console command that you use called "particle". To get a list of effects, just do "particle list", and to apply it, "particle <name>" (without the < or >).

The particles remain on the weapon until you switch class or change the weapon through a load out change. You can view them in third person and they are visible to other players.

I've been playing with it personally for a while and figured it's about time to let others have some fun.

I've attached some screenshots to showcase a few of the particles.

I'm going to be spending a little bit of time on my items system (probably implementing some sort of backpack system for custom items), as I'm thinking of having using one of our other servers and giving players the ability to tweak their weapons using credits that are earned on our servers.

(Hint: everyone has been earning credits for like, forever now.)

I want to also take this time and thank the subscribers (and everyone else who has contributed) for their valuable contributions, they have made all of the difference in running these servers and I would not be able to continue if it wasn't for these people, so thank you ♥.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Regular

Re: New Subscriber Feature (Weapon Particles!)

pretty cool lol

Administrator

BTW it'll be active on the server next map change.

Community Regular

Looks cool. I'm just sad that I can't justify subscribing again until after I finish my undergrad and secure a job (next 1.5 or so years). Nice work though, voog.

Community Regular

I have many ghosts

Community Regular

The hearts would work with my Rocket Launcher name

Community Regular

Nice. I thought you've been busy with life and posting things on Facebook but that's all been a diversion for this. I've been planning on resubscribing soon once I move(very soon) and get some reliable internet once again.

Community Regular

Does this mean we will finally get that flaming hat I asked for three years ago?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SoBe Green View Post
    Does this mean we will finally get that flaming hat I asked for three years ago?
    It doesn't apply to hats because hats are handled differently. I could make it so you could attach particles to hats though and I did think of it a long time ago.

Not only that but I could make more particles available. These particles are nice and simple and don't add any new entities to the server since im using the stuff that TF already has.

Community Regular

Re: How to use the weapon particles subscriber feature.

I know I'm probably in the small minority for this (being that I don't see many DB players that sub), but any chance you'd be able to make the dodge ball flamethrower not require a reattach each time a new round starts? It's not a big deal since I just have a bind setup for it right now, but if I could just do it when the round starts and not have to do it each round for the effect, that would awesome.