V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Community Regular

Re: Dodgeball Server Rotations

Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    Agreed, seems to be quite the server killer, population always drops.

On an unrelated note, any chance of Pirate Ships coming back?
    Pirateships was honestly one of my least favorite maps. It seemed that a lot of new players liked it and a lot of older players hated it although there were exceptions to both. In my experience, it just wasn't that fun.

Also, http://forums.voogru.com/dodgeball/1..._twinnuke.html update.

Can the time be reduced on blackhole? That map burnates the eyes after a while. (plus Tunnel is after xP)

Community Regular

How does that map hurt your eyes? I remember you saying that the blackhole was hurting your eyes, but I thought you were joking. I rarely look at it. I try to keep focus on the rocket spawns and the rockets themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Power and Glory View Post
    How does that map hurt your eyes? I remember you saying that the blackhole was hurting your eyes, but I thought you were joking. I rarely look at it. I try to keep focus on the rocket spawns and the rockets themselves.
    I find it puzzling too... had trouble focusing after that map for my eyes were strained. Just gotta stay on the sides and not look into it lol. Still could use a shorter time limit though minus that fact hehe.

EDIT: shoving review into here:

db_towers_b3 - 10 minutes

Fine as is, but people can get out of the map bounds onto a small ridge in the back. It is not gamebreaking, but should be noted.

db_spaceinvaders_a4 - 10 minutes

Should be removed until these issues are addressed. First, rockets only spawn one colour for the whole round. Next, ramps block rockets. Rockets should be allowed to travel though the ramps. Finally, I find the pace can be rather show... but should be fixed if the rockets spawn correctly. Maybe speed them up a bit too.

Have an idea for the rocket spawning though. Make it a moving spawner like in Blackhole. It would be a spaceship floating around shooting rockets. Would make sense to the maps name, and make hopping around the platforms more risky.

db_bombing_b6

The new terrain is VERY CRAMPED, especially for Red. You need a lot of room to circle strife. Haven't played this full house, but if it is... gonna be HELLA cramped. I liked the old terrain better because you had plenty of space (minus the out of bounds exploit). Also there is some giant grass blades in the skybox hehe.

db_aquarium_rc1 - 10 minutes

Can see any issues here. The low grav can be a pain, but we are in a fish tank... were the owner keep mini pyros in... and pelt them with rockets... and somehow fire works underwater... HAX I SAY!

db_blackhole_b3

A newcomer, and rather interesting. We guess the black hole leads to the land of the trains xP. Extremely interesting heath kit locations too. Needs a shorter time, staring into the black hole too long causes eye rape. Moving spawners are also awesome.

Also a bit confused on the black hole mechanic. Do the sucked in rockets just explode, or are they respawned by the middle spawner?

As for its terrain, far out man!

db_tunnel_rc1

Favorite map on the rotation, but can be a tad cramped full house, but not a huge issue.

db_pit_b6

A classic, but some players can cling to the sides of the map if they fall off. Can be rather irritating to some since the rockets can't reach them down there. Have to wait for them to slip off, or have someone jump down to knock them off.

db_mountain_rc1 - 10 minutes

A harder map, but haven't seen any huge issues.

db_paradise_b1

No glaring issues here either, and interesting health locations. Those be DEATH islands if someone misses a nuke... or the nuke blasts you off... or you get ABed off.

db_stadium

The middle capture point is a hell of a neat mechanic, I didnt even know it makes all the rockets spawn the colour of the capture for ages. Health in risky locations too, no huge issues.

db_burst_b2 - 10 minutes

Can get really laggy. Rockets in clusters are rather deadly, seems like an air blast on a cluster doesn't register well. Rockets behind the cluster either don't register when ABed, or the front ones block the AB to the back ones.

db_mag_pyro

Classic, with no glaring issues.

db_snowfield_b4

At first I thought this was a pit wannabe, but the FAST rockets divide that line. Almost gets into the DBS realm of speed.

db_warfield_b2 - 10 minutes

Good thing this one is only 10 minutes, its rocket hell lol. Love the silly health location, which walking in KILLS YOU. Jumping only lol.

db_mag_2sides

The other rocket hell map, yet a classic favorite to most. I am not a fan of the spam, but there is no super glaring issues. Can get cramped full house.

I am curious to the fate of Temple and that Oil Slick map. The rising oil slick one was an interesting mechanic, it just needed refinement. Temple also just magically vanished, it was an interesting map, and also a pretty one. The health locations could use some refinement, since its an uneven playing field.

Server Admin

dbs_twinnuke_b3 added to DBS rotation, standard 20 minutes for now.
    Shortening timelimit on db_snowfield_b4. Getting a ton of complaints about that map.
    People are also requesting that we use the older version of bombing instead of the remake. Waiting to see what hound thinks on that.

Quote Originally Posted by -Thief- View Post
    People are also requesting that we use the older version of bombing instead of the remake. Waiting to see what hound thinks on that.
    If it switches back, that map bounds crack needs to get fixed :< A lot of people just run outside the map. I find that just ruins the map when they do.

Also that DB Swarm map.... lmfao!!

They managed to get a stalemate on it. All the nukes were going so fast they would just launch into an auto orbit around a player (at ludicrous speeds, just gotta stand in a certain spot on the platform and they will auto orbit me thinks). The stalemate ended when our survivor moved a bit and the orbits smacked him around. It is hilarious but probaly will loose its charm after a while.

Community Regular

I found the new version of Bombing an improvement over the old one by miles. Wonder what people see in the old one that they would like more.

I believe db_bunnyhop is ready for rotation.

Community Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Power and Glory View Post
    I found the new version of Bombing an improvement over the old one by miles. Wonder what people see in the old one that they would like more.
    Most likely getting out of the map. I also agree that the new one is loads better.

Quote Originally Posted by ExileLord View Post
    Most likely getting out of the map. I also agree that the new one is loads better.
    I liked the older terrain because there was more room, but hated that everyone would go out of the map. I like the new terrain yes, but its too cramped. BLU has more room then RED too. Just some more room and even sided terrain = win.