V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Server Admin

Re: DB Mappers Entity Wish List

Hey Voogru, how difficult would it be for you to make the flamethrower act as a player propulsion gun (e.g. on low-gravity maps/areas)? Maybe some sort of entity that will enable mappers to allow this functionality? We could even place ammo boxes around as well to refill it. This may work better as a brush entity so we can designate the area this works in (like the trigger_ entities).

Administrator

Propulsion gun? You mean like force the player backwards like some sort of jerkpack?

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    Propulsion gun? You mean like force the player backwards like some sort of jerkpack?
    Exactly! We don't want this on all maps, that's why it would be good to have an entity for this. Making it a brush entity will allow us more flexibility on where and when this functionality works.

Check out what Noum had to say regarding something similar:
    http://forums.voogru.com/dodgeball/1...tml#post237372

The problem with that command, is that it propells the pyro upward. I'd rather see it just propel the pyro directly backwards. This in combination with gravity will open up DB to some really cool maps (e.g. Asteroids).

Administrator

It shouldn't be too difficult but I wouldn't want to hack it in, I'd need to figure out a few issues with the weapons interface. I'd be wanting to implement it with PrimaryAttack on the flamethrower.

You would only want it to work inside a invisible brush entity? (trigger_pyrojerkpack) ?

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    It shouldn't be too difficult but I wouldn't want to hack it in, I'd need to figure out a few issues with the weapons interface. I'd be wanting to implement it with PrimaryAttack on the flamethrower.

You would only want it to work inside a invisible brush entity? (trigger_pyrojerkpack) ?
    Yes, the primary attack with the flame... since it doesn't dmg players, it should at least propel them backwards. At this point, for initial testing, you can just have it work on the DB servers all the time like this, for some testing on all of the maps and players. Then we can decide with the player feedback on creating a map entity for it.

Community Regular

Some suggestions I came up with.

Edit: Refining this list as some things were redundant or just not important.

1. Fix the detonate functions on the spawners and rockets.
    2. If it's possible, make some tool texture block the sight of the rocket so that it can't find targets obstructed by it. This would be nonsolid and invisible to everything. BlockLOS does not do this.
    3. Have children of rockets be unparented when the rocket is destroyed to prevent their destruction.
    4. Input on rockets to change team, speed, and damage, and reflect multiplier.
    5. An OnReflect output for the spawner.
    6. As Hounddawg suggested, the outputs OnTeamHit and OnTeamKill.

Server Admin

Would be nice to have someway to have the teams swap every round. Some maps (e.g. dbs_ring) are setup similar to like attack and defend, where it would be good to have the teams swap sides after each round.

I would also suggest giving the nukes a lifespan, before they auto detonate. Like, if they haven't been reflected for more than 20 seconds, auto detonate. Mainly for Swarm.

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Woraug View Post
    I would also suggest giving the nukes a lifespan, before they auto detonate. Like, if they haven't been reflected for more than 20 seconds, auto detonate. Mainly for Swarm.
    Exile and I have started adding this into our maps. So far, I've only done it to dbs_stackednukes due to the high orbital rate on that map.

eum go to { name }

path { yes/no }

so .. go to path01 path Yes

can you make the npc radius thing for the db nuke/rocket then the nuke/rocket can have more (movement) space to travel