V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Regular

Re: How to make Dodgeball maps!

404'd again.

Administrator

Updated with new FGD file and fixed link.

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    Updated with new FGD file and fixed link.
    It doesn't look like anything new recently, correct?

Also, could you remove #4 from your first post, as it's no longer needed.

Banned

Voogru how do i put all the dodgeball spawers and stuff and will Source SDK hammer editor work and whats FDG?

eum i have problem whit the fgd and sdk he say the configuratsion info.. for the game you`re to edit is missing

i have put the fgd in sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\dodgeball and it say it ....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The knight View Post
    Voogru how do i put all the dodgeball spawers and stuff and will Source SDK hammer editor work and whats FDG?
    You need to put the FGD in the orangebox/bin in your SourceSDK, it's the same place as the tf.fgd

Quote Originally Posted by pascal View Post
    eum i have problem whit the fgd and sdk he say the configuratsion info.. for the game you`re to edit is missing

i have put the fgd in sourcesdkbinorangeboxbindodgeball and it say it ....
    See above.

Due to some requests, I have a mapper client available that will allow testing of the maps locally with up to 4 players (listenservers only!).

PM me for the details if anyone wishes to use this client.

Note: Only experienced mappers with at least one map previously made will be given access to the client.

Community Regular

Observations

I figured I'd post some observations I noticed though mapping and playing the game. Most of these should be helpful at some point during mapping if you're using logic and whatnot.

• OnDodgeballSpawned triggers for both regular rockets and nukes while OnDodgeballDestroyed triggers only for regular rockets. Perhaps OnDodgeballDestroyed could be changed to include bother with a new "OnRocketSpawned/Destroyed"?..
    • A nuke dealing 0 damage will still blow people around with its explosion. This is somewhat obvious as evidenced by friendly nuke detonations.
    • Nukes do not deal traditional damage for whatever reason and will not trigger normal damage events. A func_button's damage event can be triggered by a rocket explosion but not a nuke, even when the rocket's damage is at 0.001 which effectively deals no damage to the player. Nukes also seem to ignore ubercharges although that hardly matters in dodgeball.
    • A rocket does not collide with the person that reflects it but it can collide with anyone else. If a player reflects a rocket and teamswaps, the rocket will be unable to hit them since it's their own. Video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3me-GYb2YkY"]YouTube - Dodgeball Magic[/ame]
    • fa_dodgeball_rocket and fa_dodgeball_fatboy are the class names for the rockets and nukes respectively
    • A kill input on a rocket or nuke will cause it to disappear without exploding. A trigger_multiple with a filter_multi can effectively become a rocket/nuke killing trigger
    • Considering that the dodgeballs are based off of the soldier rockets, they likely inherit all of the inputs, outputs, and keyvalues found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3569419/tf_p...ile_rocket.txt
    • I can confirm that kill and ignite work on the dodgeballs. Most others are untested.
    • The explode/detonate functions for dodgeballs don't seem to work.
    • Glass materials and "invisible" don't seem to block the rockets line of sight. I believe nodraw still blocks the line of sight of the rocket however. This only applies to solid brushes. BlockLOS does not block the rocket's line of sight either.

Community Regular

Thanks Exile, this actually helps me a lot.

The file has 404ed again. I want to try making a map.

Server Admin

I have the latest FGD available, updated with the most recent DB server update:

http://www.dawgpaw.com/files/tf_dodgeball.fgd

Save this file into your SDK directory, which should be somewhere like this (you should see tf.fgd in the same directory):
    SteamSteamApps<steam account name>sourcesdkbinorangeboxbin
    Then in hammer, go into Tools->Options, and on the "Game Configurations" tab, for the TF2 configuration, add this new file to the "Game Data files:" box.

You should then restart hammer to load in the new file and then the entity will be available.