V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Server Admin

Re: How to make Dodgeball maps!

Right. Build up everything, and make sure your spawner is in the map, and facing the right direction. Test everything else in your map before posting it for sending to the server. Just start a new thread with your map name, like I have been doing. Add a link to your map file so I can grab it for the server. I check the forums often, so it shouldn't take very long to get it over there.

If you have your map setup for arena mode (not required though), you can test with sv_cheats and entering "bot" in the console to spawn a dummy. That'll allow you to make sure everything else (except the spawners) are functioning properly.

is the defult file that Voogru gave out setup for arena? becuse i was thinking there might be a way to make a CTF, maby.... first team to get 3 captures wins but also people only get 3 lives or somthing.... it would probly be hard to do but, it might work ?

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    is the defult file that Voogru gave out setup for arena? becuse i was thinking there might be a way to make a CTF, maby.... first team to get 3 captures wins but also people only get 3 lives or somthing.... it would probly be hard to do but, it might work ?
    Yes, the example file is setup for arena. You are able to do a CTF version, although limiting players to only 3 lives would be very difficult imo.

Server Admin

New FGD

There's a new FGD available, which you new mappers should start using. There is a new relay entity, please don't use this just yet, as it isn't fully implemented and debugged yet.

http://www.dawgpaw.com/files/tf_dodgeball.fgd

You'll notice that there's a "Nuke Chance" parameter (0-100, percent) on the spawner now. This replaces the server_command method and allows you to have multiple spawners with various nuke chance percentages. For example, you could have a spawner for regular rockets and another one for nukes.

Server Admin

FYI, I've zipped up my dodgeball map source files for you mappers to see how I've done things in them:
    http://forums.voogru.com/dodgeball/1...-pack-1-a.html

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post

take note that, right now when theres a dodgeball spawner active in the map, no traditional damage can be done.

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    take note that, right now when theres a dodgeball spawner active in the map, no traditional damage can be done.
    Speaking of which, is there a way to make the flare guns not destroy the rockets/nukes? Gets pretty annoying when you have 2 or 3 people who only want to shoot every rocket coming towards them, making a single round drag on 6-10 mins on the speed server. Just a tiny suggestion.

Server Admin

FYI, here's an OpenSource spreadsheet I created and use to determine the optimal delay numbers to use on the spawners:
    http://www.dawgpaw.com/files/Dodgeball_Delay_Calcs.ods

The link 404'd. Please check it again.

Community Regular

Seems to work now.