V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

How to make Dodgeball maps!

First, you will need an additional FGD for hammer, the FGD plus an example map is available here: http://www.voogru.com/files/dodgeball.rar

A few guidelines to follow:

1. Be careful not to have too many dodgeball spawners active at the same time in the map, a common issue with new maps where way too many dodgeballs spawn in such a short period of time that cause both teams to get slaughtered instantly. Be careful with the spawn rates as well, the rocket spawn time is reduced when theres more players on.

The example map is generally playable where theres not too many rockets, and there aren't too few where it's boring. Feel free to look at the entities in existing maps to get an idea on how they work.

2. Use the inputs on the dodgeball entities to properly have them enable/disable on round start/round end.

3. Health packs should always be in risky positions. Remember, if you don't let the rockets hit you, you don't need health packs now do you?

Do not use point_servercommand for anything else (I inspect the maps!)

Once you complete a map, post a thread with some pictures, if it looks like awesomesauce, we'll give it a try.

Community Regular

Re: How to make Dodgeball maps!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by yazz View Post
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
    huh

hi. I got a great ideas for a dodgeball map and im an ok map maker (i think lol), any way... im going to be honest... i have no idea were to put the FGD files.... i download from the link, extracteded it ... put the VMF file in the maps folder but wheres the FGD go ? thx for the help (sorry if this might be the wrong place to post)

Server Admin

[pre]Steam\SteamApps\<your account name>\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin[/pre]

thanks ... is that all i have to do, or is ther more (sorry im a noob at this )

Server Admin

From the Hammer menu: Tools>Options>Game Configurations, add the dodgeball FGD to the list.

I also recommend getting this one for TF2 mapping:
    Improved FGD v1.2a [Payload race ent support!] - TF2Maps.net Forums

cool thanks again .... umm.... :S it dosn't work when i run the map still i did every thing it sais too (sorry again lolz)

Server Subscriber

The maps require voogru's server code to work. And you can only spawn as pyro, picking any other class spawns you as a pyro regardless of your choice.

so i didn't do anything wrong, just needs to be uploaded to the server to work... thats good to know, thanks .