V
Home Rules Plug-Ins Forums Donate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

Re: All subscriber features and how to use them!

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    The subscriber CP is going to get changed to use the forum login, but at the moment it has it's own seperate login.

In order to use it, log onto the server and use "register <username> <password>", and log in with that.

previewsetinfo should work, but requires a setinfo for it to do anything.
    Okay, disregard everything I just said. I have modified the subscriber control panel to use the forum login. No more redundant logins!

Community Regular

Edit:
    nm.

Community Regular

At the time I first "donated", it said the minimum was $10. I "donated" $20, cause I am a good guy. This was before I knew there was a difference.. I assumed the first time that I would get a high priority slot so I could join a full server, but someone finally told me you have to be a subscriber. I just re-read the rules, and it said for a permanent slot you have to donate $20 or more... so why didnt I get it anyways?

Community Regular

I was looking at the Donate page and just wanted to clarify what I read. So I can do the $10/$5 and get all the subscriber bells and whistles, OR I can do $20 or more and get just a high priority slot. What's the high priority slot? Is that being able to connect to the server at anytime and it kicks a non-subscriber/donator?

Old School

yup, and you get end round uber as well..but subscribers can smoke your bags still

Community Regular

Yep. It's pretty much 20$ for just a reserved slot or 10 then 5 a month for reserved slot plus Fun stuff.

Server Subscriber

Talking Re: All subscriber features and how to use them!

Almost ALL of this info has been posted elsewhere at various times. This is for the people who appear to be confused on donator vs. subscription, so I'll give a summary: (as it stands on this date, but subject to change at voogru's will)

1) Old Donators (prior to subscription service availability) had to donate $10+
    - What you get with that - Immunity to team swap + High priority slot on server (accessible through command line console connect* when the server is full)

2) Donator - The current system for a high priority slot ONLY - $20 min. donation
    - As a site, we would rather have subscribers because it's easier to budget if you know what your monthly income is. This means, at a certain point, voog knows he will have enough steady income to add more servers and actually pay for them without having to worry about random donation amounts and falling short.

3) Special Donators (when voog needed a new PC) - I think they get a party hat in addition to donator privs (but there are very few of these special donator types)

4) Subscribers - This is the current AND preferred method of 'donating' - you get ALL the bells and whistles as voogru listed them in the first post of this thread

*Connecting through console: (Voog posted this already in multiple places but I'll reword it slightly since some people clearly do not understand) if a server is FULL, you CANNOT use steam to connect to that server, even if you are a paying member - proceed to command line connection.
    1) Start tf2 - look at servers list to see where your buddies are
    2) Press ~ key to open tf2 command console
    3) Type the line to connect to server:
    a) connect tf.voogru.net - for the 24 man server
    b) connect tf2.voogru.net - for politically incorrect server
    c) connect tf3.voogru.net - for crazy house server

For the sake of clarity, you can be a donator and a subscriber. If your subscription lapses or you cancel, you will still retain donator privs. If you are a subscriber and can contribute more than your monthly subscription fee, please donate also. These are our servers, let's help voogru take care of us.

Community Regular

I just sent in my subscription, curious how long until it takes effect?

Old School

about 5 minutes from when the paypal hits i believe. best thing to do is link your forum account and wait for your status to change

Community Regular

Nice to see you Massa! Those LLC boys are a fine bunch of people and have always run tight servers on all of the games I play with them. Massa is a fine addition to the community.

Ost